Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Giving Tree - A time to give books to kids


Anyone who knows me well, knows that I am never without a book. And this has been a habit since I was a very little kid. I was very lucky to have parents who read out loud to me from the moment I was born and they never denied me a new book as I grew up. Basically what I am saying is that I strongly believe every child should have books and get to enjoy them as much as I do. On that note I wanted to encourage everyone to participate in a Giving Tree this holiday season. My very favorite local bookstore, Chapter One Bookstore, every year holds a fundraiser to raise money to give books to kids in need. In years past the county has given them a list of about 350 to 400 kids in need. Unfortunately this year they are anticipating over 1000 kids. So I am asking you to give the girls at Chapter One a call or stop in and give these kids some books. You can either pick out your favorite book to give to a child or you can just give a donation and the book elves will pick out the perfect book! So give them a call and give the gift of reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment